Monday, September 16, 2013

What labor, delivery, and a 10 day old have taught me

I'm not sure how long I have.  It seems as if Kevin and I have a child that was born with five stomachs. =)

I will post about labor and delivery later, but I will just briefly say that it was everything I had hoped for and for that, I am WAY thankful!

Here is what mommahood has taught me this far...

1) A new appreciation for my momma.  I just want to hug her and tell her thank you because now I know what she went through to have me after already having two other kiddos.

2) My husband is the most amazing superhero ever!  There are not strong enough words to convey how much of a help he has been to Luke and me.  He is selfless.  He is thoughtful.  He is our hero!

3) My body is not a lemon.

4) Not being able to share our lil' man with our family in person is down right heartbreaking.

5) We are surrounded with a sweet community of friends!  We have had so many meals, snacks, cute lil' baby gifts, and encouraging words and prayers given to us.  I am just wowed with the thoughtfulness of our friends.  I know I say this all the time, but it is so crazy true... we are sooooo blessed.

6) Nursing covers are from the devil.

7) Toots, poops, and burbs ease this momma's heart.

8) Watching Kev hold Luke and sing silly songs to him melts my heart in a way I didn't know was possible.

9) Luke breaks all of my pet peeves and I LOVE IT! Warm baby breath under my chin is heavenly!

10) I can't swaddle to save my life... and thankfully, Luke's life doesn't depend on it.

Thank you everyone for your calls, letters, FaceBook messages, and visits.  I cannot tell you how loved and supported we feel.  This is a crazy yet awesome transition in life and we are truly thankful for the people God has placed in our lives. I am sorry to just be getting this out.  This is my first time on the computer since Luke was born.

Baby is crying.... momma to the rescue...

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for both you and Kevin and can't wait to meet Luke, keep the pictures coming. Also, so you know, you never have to apologize again for being late.....YOUR A NEW MOTHER, your automatically forgiven! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Karen! We miss you & love you all so much...can we get a video of Kevin singing to Luke? That would be priceless! So Happy for you & know that both of you are going to be fantastic parents!
    Can't wait for December!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete